Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year A New Idea

Ok...so I apologize to my readers and myself for not posting sooner...I have been procrastinating because nothing I'm trying seems to be yielding any results. (currently) My take on this...disappointment yes but also a weird unexplainable gratitude that for once I'm not running around trying to force things to happen.

So how I see my current time line and development...
First this project began as a way for me to be accountable for my art progress and gain motivation by connecting with other artists on a regular basis.

Then I ran into the complication of not finding artists who were willing to commit beyond the verbal "Yea that'd be great" so from this I gathered that I would need help with the videography and editing so more of my time could be spent contacting artists. And really I was uber excited about the idea of collaborating with other individuals who could offer ideas and technical skills to the video aspect of the interviews.

So I found an intern program through NCSU's film department and submitted a request form. The initial correspondence from the director seemed promising. I had asked if there were any requirements for the students to receive credit and sent the posting I wanted published.  His reply was a brief 'minimum of 10 hours' and no further explanation of my posting lacking any other needed criteria.  WELL...that was 3 weeks ago and my post still has not been added.
Slightly pissed off am I...why...well I was an intern for a music management company...completely legit...had their own office and such but what I learned hmmm...I stuffed envelopes and filed. Yes I could write on my resume I interned for such and such company but actual skills learned...none. Here I am offering a legitimate opportunity for students to actually USE video, lighting and sound equipment. To partake in the creative process and have finished productions they can use to procure a paying job. So, what, because I don't have a studio name what I have to offer doesn't warrant the same level of respect as "studio who is only using intern to do grunt work"?!?!?!

My current plan... I'm going to contact the director again. But if my post doesn't go up I'll be moving on...their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment